G'day Mates!

G'day Mates!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Victorian Market

You have to be a serious meat eater to want to buy a whole goat!
But for $8.99/kg why not give it a try?

The Victorian Market is one of my favorite places! Only about 1 mile from our place and you can buy anything here - there are over 3000 kiosks of food and merchandise! It is really amazing and so fun to see what you can find. I have just highlighted a few food items!

Why not pick up a couple of Ox tongue for Sunday dinner?


Or, who wouldn't want a Pork Trotter? They are on sale, so why not?


The cheese and bread that is available is beyond imagination. Most of the kinds of cheese I have never heard of but so delicious. I didn't get a picture of all the breads available for they have amazing sourdough breads of all kinds, all baked fresh that morning.


Some places just sold gourmet olives. Unbelieveable - rows and rows of different olives. I am not an olive fan but Tom went nuts! I think we spent $20 on olives alone.
"Grilled Baby Octopus"
Wow, I never thought of serving that for dinner, but maybe I should!








No comments:

Post a Comment