G'day Mates!

G'day Mates!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brighton Beach and Port Melbourne

I've got to stop eating those Cherry Ripple Gelato's!
Hmmm... maybe tomorrow will be a better day to start that program!
If I could put them in my suitcase for all my friends I would!
These are the cutest little "beach sheds" all along Brighton Beach,
which is about 15 minutes from our place.

People just paint them anyway they want and then store their beach supplies in there.


Just a fun little place on a hot summer day!


This one was one of my favorites!

As you can tell, it was not all that warm but some people were brave enough to put a swimsuit on that day. I brought mine and hoped it would be hot, but it wasn't.




There were lots of boats out that day because of it being one of the first sunny days
and plenty of wind to sail with.



Some of the beautiful homes right across the street from the beach.
I can't imagine having that view everyday when you get up in the morning.

Port Melbourne
Daily ships come into port from China - just like Seattle!

The Spirit of Tasmania leaves from here daily to make the trek to Tasmania.
It takes all night - I would much rather take the 1 hour flight!


The lonely beach - we are still hoping for nice weather. The wind was so fierce this day that it felt like our skin was being sand blasted as we stood on the beach.
Hence, no one else is at the beach with us!
Today, 10-15-2010 it is raining sideways, and snowing up in the mountains.
Well, at least I stayed in all day and got this blog updated!
Still praying for real summer weather before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment